LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Friday, August 9, 2013

7 Quick Takes- Quick Edition


So… John Paul is the name, for sure, affirmed by the husband.  But, we need a middle name.  Right now, the only thing we think actually sounds good is, ‘John Paul Francis’.  BUT, as the husband says, ‘that’s a little heavy handed’.
We also have a Godfather.  Our dear friend Mario.  He desperately wants a shout out in the ol’ blog.  Now he’s got one.
Mario and not his godson

Iron infusions are done!  Now, we just need to pray that my levels have gotten high enough that I do not have to do them again.  They sucked. And were early in the morning.  
So, I think we are going to Chicago in December to take the boys to go see Yo Gabba Gabba!  Ha, first family trip in the new van, we are pretty psyched.  The amount of loser contained in the last two sentences overwhelms even me.

The husband and I keep saying we cannot believe we are going to have three kids in a month.  But, I gotta tell you, I am so psyched. I am just very very certain that having the three is going to be WAY easier than having two and expecting one.
O I have been really humbled by the amount of people who have offered to help us/babysit/etc…in these last few weeks (especially with the doctor’s appointments).  It’s pretty incredible to see how willing people are to help out.  Now, I just gotta get a bit better on taking people up on it.  
T he title of this book came up on my newsfeed yesterday, ‘Let Me Hold You Longer’ by Karen Kingsbury.  And I thought to myself, ‘well that sounds sweet and I would like to read it’.  I went to youtube and listened to it.  O M lowercase g, are you kidding me?  Have you read it?  Parents, go buy this book. It was good. I cried. A lot. I think I was better mom this morning because of it (I say, as my kids watch Yo Gabba Gabba and I write my Quick Takes!!!).

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on settling on a name. Will pray Iron levels stay good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name Mary...I was hoping you would get John Paul even when big A didn't agree! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We almost named John-Paul, John-Paul Benedict (because that's my father's middle name) and decided at the last minute that John-Paul was enough names so he doesn't have a middle name. But it would have been very strange since after he was born, and then JP2 died, Benedict was the next Pope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went and listened to that book ok YouTube...my goodness. My little boy is 14 months and our baby girl is due in December. I know I'm pregnant and sort of hormonal but I really did cry through the whole thing. Wow! Being a mom is awfully tough and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. My youngest is John Paul Francis :) We like to think 'prescient' rather than heavy handed. But you can see people doing the math in their heads and then looking either really confused or really impressed, haha.

    ReplyDelete