LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Friday, May 27, 2016

7 Quick Takes- Because I know you wanted them...

I'm linking up with Kelly at This Ain't The Lyceum   to give you this week's quick takes.  Are you ready?

-One-
Last week, I read an article title (not the article... ain't nobody got time for that) which linked depression to clutter.  I agreed with the title statement (who knows about the article?).  I have toy-binged for the last 1.5 years, every six months- but it's time to release the clutter in other places as well. So I cleansed my linen closet, which hasn't been tended to in six years.  And I organized our family room bookshelf, which had become the catch all for everything in our home.  My plan today is to go at my kitchen drawers...wish me luck.
It's amazing how freeing it feels to let go of stuff.  I've found I have to donate or throw out quickly, if I think too much about it, I hesitate.  If I haven't used something in a year, it's gone. With the exception of my punch bowl.  I am keeping it.
This picture SERIOUSLY doesn't do my hard work justice because the 'before' was taken after 1.5 huge garbage bags of stuff was removed.

-Two-
During the cleaning, I found the didgeridoo Aaron bought when we were both in Australia together, staying at the same school with a couple hundred other people, but never met.  Anyway, I found it, put it aside and asked Aaron to bring it down to our storage room when he had a chance. 
So far, there have been two occasions when I am hiding in a room, trying to talk to my sisters on the phone. I look up to the door being slowly opened, the end of a didgeridoo peeking into the room and Aaron begins blowing... 
So annoying.
And really funny.
Should have just thrown it out ;)

-Three-
I had a really great, 'I'm totally in love with my husband' moment last night.
We went to go see X-Men through an event meant to sell a business application.
As we checked in we were told there would be a contest for the 'best tweet' sent during the movie.  I said to the people at the table, 'Oh, we are going to win'.
I am married to a very funny man. 
And I take crazy pride in that.
I was certain, we would win the Apple I-Watch being given away.
It ends up we got 'second place' (a YETI tumbler... who knew?) but ONLY because the contest was just for the first hour of the movie and we didn't know that.  Aaron had just shot off two tweets and was getting warmed up.  
:)
I am very proud of my husband though, and during the movie I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.
He is a hard worker
He is a good father
He always tries to be better
But, he is also FREAKING HYSTERICAL.

-Four-
X-men was really, really good.
I love those movies. And I love the guy who's really fast (I forget his name)
And I REALLY love Charles.
A lot.
But not as much as my funny husband

-Five-
We started at the fancy gym.  I do love it. So.Much.
But I forgot that Gym Daycares breed germs.
Everyone is sick here today.  Just colds, but it's annoying.

-Six-
We bought a plot in our community garden.
In theory we are going to plant stuff this weekend.
This was Big Aaron's idea. 
NOT MINE.
I do not garden, I don't love outside, and I don't love bugs.
What are the easiest and most satisfying things to plant?
I can't believe we are doing this.
BUT, lest you begin to judge...
I agreed to it because I think it's really cool.
I think it's really good for the kids.
I think it's really good for the community.
I think it will be a really good project for our family...
BUT.
I don't have to like it.

-Seven-
Aaron completed Pre-K this week.
He was allowed to choose a place to go out to dinner as a family.
He chose Panera (obviously) where all the boys ordered a bagel, cream cheese, juice box and a bag of chips.
How's that for a healthy dinner.

He's pretty much a teenager now that he's done with Pre-K

Have a great week and don't forget to go check out more Takes--- Click this link.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, ooh, garden question!! Tomatoes are usually pretty easy to grow, cherry tomatoes are even better because they're easier to pick for the kids and faster. (Less of a chance a kid picks off a green one and if they do not as big a deal since there's hundreds.) Snap peas or green beans or pole beans are pretty easy to grow. You'll need something for the pole or snap peas to climb on. Cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash are all pretty dependable. Those ones are probably the easiest. Then there's potatoes and carrots which are fun because they tend to be more "real" food that you can really use in a meal and the kids enjoy more. But carrots take a little more maintenance. If it's a community garden, I assume it's fenced so do some sunflowers - super easy and fun to watch them get tall. Most lettuce is pretty easy and grows in abundance...although that does best in cooler weather so might want to wait until September to plant. We just planted ours, though, because why not try. Gardening isn't always "fun" but it is rewarding. I give you credit for giving in and trying!

    When we go on road trips we usually try to find a rest stop with a Panera and get bagels because they're "healthier" than the other options so there's that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this is so helpful. Thank you friend. I might message you some questions. I am VERY out of my element with this :)

      Delete
  2. Decluttering is so freeing! When my husband and I graduated from FUS and were moving away from Steubie, we filled up the backseat of our car completely with stuff to give away. It was hard for me at first to do that, but afterwards it felt so, so good. Pregnancy nesting hit me the other week, and I did more decluttering, tossing out, and cleaning, and it just makes me feel lighter! I love it!
    Thanks for sharing about X-Men! I have to confess that I've never been super into the X-Men (though I do really like Days of Future Past) and out of all of the superheroes, I know the least about them. But I still think that they are cool, and I may just have to watch the movie with my husband sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way to put it. It makes me feel lighter! That's exactly how I feel about it.
      The X-Men movies are so good. There are a lot of elements or one liners that can be used to strengthen faith actually. I have used Days of Future Past on retreats- do you remember the part where Charles talks about how opening oneself to the pain of others is just too much. Ah, I have goosebumps now even thinking about it.

      Delete
    2. Wow, that's awesome! It's honestly been so long since I've seen Days of Future Past that I can't remember that part, BUT this gives me a really good excuse/reason to re-watch it (and watch other X-Men movies) :)

      Delete