LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Why I Am Fairly Confident...

... I will be a bad mom.




I literally cannot handle little kids crying.  And worse yet, little boys crying.  And worse worse yet, little boys crying because they are sad and someone hurt their feelings.  I am wondering how I am going to hide the fact that I am a total softy for little boy tears when disciplining my boys. I can almost see the manipulation occurring.  They will realize I am powerless against little boy tears (and not pretend ones, the good news is that I am VERY good at distinguishing between fake tears and real tears)...and I shall be totally run over by my children. Then, I will be THAT mom who gets looked at for not disciplining her children, who will, of course,  turn out to be sociopaths.  And all because my lil' heart could not stand the site of little boy tears.  What is a mom to do????

4 comments:

  1. You are not powerless. This is for your kids' good. Keep reminding yourself of this. Don't excuse yourself. I'm sure most people, especially educated ones wouldn't go just stab someone, but surgeons routinely cut into people with knives because they need it. That's life. You have to do what's best for people, even it it isn't "nice."
    Discipline is key to the vast majority of life. Don't rob your kids of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I won't :) But, it will still break my softy heart! :)

      Delete
  2. That doesn't make you a bad mom of sociopaths! Silly! That makes you a great mom who will appreciate the smiles and take care of the tears, which is what we are supposed to do. As long as you can tell the difference between sadness and manipulation, you are all set!

    And just by virtue of worrying about what kind of mom you are makes you a good mom. Very many moms don't worry, they think they know!

    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sucker for my boys tears too. But I think it's because they cry so little that when they do it just breaks my heart. My daughter cries hourly, so hers don't bother me as much ;) Sometimes when they are crying I discipline them (because they need it) and then go cry myself (because I need it!)

    ReplyDelete