LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Thursday, January 5, 2017

I was a real piece of work today...

It's been a minute since I've written a good, solid, bloggin' PDA about my husband, so if you're the type that gets annoyed at these types of things, you're gonna wanna just skip this bad boy.

Today, I have been a piece of work (shocking, I know). I was really sick last night and into the wee hours of this morning. At 6:30 am, I woke up my husband, Aaron, and made sure he understood he would getting up with the kids, changing them and feeding them. I rolled out of bed before he left for work, super cranky, begging him to work from home (which is really not a nice thing to do, to be honest, because I know he would if he could).

I followed that with texts throughout the day telling him how hard it was to feel so bad and have to care for the kids. At 5:30, he was suppose to be home but wasn't. I text to see where he was, and he said he was stuck in traffic. He didn't get home till six. Now, SAHMs know how each minute longer than the minute due home can feel like an eternity, couple that with me feeling like crud, I was fit to be tied when he got home late (through no fault of his own). When Aaron finally walked in the door, the first thing I said to him was ,'don't talk to me'. I followed that by going into my room with a bit of a door slam. Mind you, him not being home was not his fault. After letting me simmer for 10 minutes, he opened the locked door (oh my gosh, I lock my door when I'm mad at him, like a CHILD) laid on the bed and told me he was sorry he came home late, and he knew it was hard to be with the kids and run the house when I feel so bad. By now it was 6:15 pm. I came out of the room, and begged him to go get me some chicken noodle soup, which he did (please remember he was only home a half hour by this point). He got back from getting me soup at 6:40 pm, and I had the nerve to tell him he took to long getting the soup.

PLEASE NOTE- I never realize fully how irrational I am until I think about it later.

I responded to his kindness of getting me soup, by telling him to please 'sweep the floor' before he left.

"Left?" you say, "but where could he being going?"

Aaron had to leave the house at 6:45 pm to go to a committee meeting at the Parish I work for that he sits on so he could take something off my plate.

So now it's 8:25 pm, I've laid on the couch and ate my soup. I've taken a long, hot shower. I am getting ready for bed yet, and he's not even home.

I've been a real piece of work today blogger friends. And I'm feeling really guilty. I married the best of the best. The type of servant who begins serving at 6:30 am and doesn't stop until 9:30 pm. I don't deserve the gift God gave me in a husband but I'm gonna try to be better tomorrow. Because he deserves better, even when the kids are kind of cruddy all day, and I feel sick.

Boo, you're the best boo in the whole wide world, and I don't want you to think, despite my terrible behavior, that I've forgotten that.

AND, he's the most handsome.

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to have a husband like that. Thanks for being so real! This unmarried lady likes to hear about every side of marriage. Maybe it'll better prepare me?

    ReplyDelete