LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Friday, February 17, 2017

7 REALLY quick takes!

I'm linking up with Kelly at This Ain't The Lyceum   to give you this week's quick takes.  Are you ready?
These are gonna be quick.  Because I want to eat breakfast.  Here we go.

(one)
Pregnancy Update.
Er'thing looking great.  For the first time in three pregnancies I passed my early glucose test with flying colors (normally I fail with flying colors).
I've been less sick than I've been with any pregnancy and that is awesome.
I've been more tired than any other pregnancy, which, actually has been manageable.
I'm at 18 weeks.  How cool is that!??!?!

(two)
\I find it amazingly interesting that on the interwebs in 2017, if one says anything short of 'Donald Trump is the devil'- one becomes a DT supporter who defends his every actions.
You people are crazy.

(three)
Look a family picture of the kids.

Can you even?
I didn't think so.

(four)
Taking a deep breath before we get into March's BOLD MINISTRIES calendar.
CHECK THIS OUT.
I KNOW!!!
Good thing I love the ministry I do.

(five)
Wanna hear of another terrible wife move? I know these are your favorite.
In the last couple o' years, the ol' husband has dropped the ball on some holidays (anniversary, valentines, birthday)
So this year, for Valentine's Day, I was like, "And if you're going to stop at the grocery store on the way home from work and pick me up flowers, don't bother... that shows about ZERO thought"

So he comes home from work with grocery store flowers.
ARGH.
And I handled it well, I thought, until my oldest said
"Why are you being so mean to daddy when he bought you flowers"
(worst.wife.ever)
And Aaron says
"You're going to feel real bad when you see what I actually did"

Turns out, the man got the grocery store flowers to throw me off my game.
He actually wrote me a book of poems, one for every year we've been together.

SHUT.UP.

One day, my friends, one day, I will learn to stop being a total brat.

(six)
Speaking of the ol' husband.
We are going on a date tonight.  It's been a long time since we've been on a proper date. Over two months.   I am very excited.  Bravo gift certificate! woot woot.

(seven)
LOCAL FRIENDS
On March 2nd I am facilitating a Women's Lenten Evening Retreat with one of my very favorite parishes, St. Regis.   I have done this the past couple years, and it's always been a wonderful time to slow down and enter into Lent with other amazing women.  I checked, and it's open to non-parishioners, so let me know if you'd like to join and I can get you the contact info to sign up.  I think there is a small cost associated, but you get dinner and it's at a super nice retreat center (Manresa).  It would be really great to have some friends/alumni/family there...



The reading doesn't have to stop here, head on over to http://thisaintthelyceum.org/ to read more quick takes!

2 comments:

  1. Aargh, yes, to #2. If you refuse to hate one person, you apparently hate whole groups of other people. Go figure. I wrote on my 7QT today about why I'm avoiding FB because of this, but I linked to your November post about why you're staying put!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids continue to be crazy cute. Congrats on passing the ol' glucose test!!!! You're amazing-holy smokin' incense, that BOLD ministries calendar is packed! God is going to use you in some crazy amazing ways.
    Wow, I died at the cuteness of what your husband did for Valentine's Day. That is so precious :)

    ReplyDelete