LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Friday, October 20, 2017

7 QT I need your help again.


I'm linking up with Kelly at This Ain't The Lyceum   to give you this week's quick takes.  Are you ready?

(one)
Malia's hair is just the best...
When it's done.

BUT 
Maybe better when it's au natural?


(two)
I had my dear friend Father Mario over for breakfast this week.
We get together every other month or so.
We have breakfast and then sit on the porch.
It's lovely.
He asked me what kind of baby Julia is.
I said watch...
Then I said her name and she gave this smile.

She basically has two modes.
Chilling.
or
Smiling in a ridiculously cute way that pretty much slays me.
(that's cool kid talk)

(three)
If you are local and have a pass to Greenfield Village...
There is a pixar exhibit. 
We went on Sunday, because it was free, and we love free things.
The kids even kind of loved it.

(four)
I shared this on 'instastories' BUT if you don't follow me there.
Guess freaking what?
We decided we are going to Chicago Christmas weekend.
December is honestly going to be the best.month.ever.
I can't wait.
(us in Chicago Christmas weekend 2 years ago)

(five)
My friend, Stephanie, shared this article on facebook.

It accurately explained something I have spent a lot of time thinking about.
Basically, loving your life/spouse/vocation so much that death and separation terrifies you.

Can you read it and help me understand the mystery of heaven?
Thanks!

(six)
I do a talk on what it means to be a saint.
Sometimes I use this quote.
My girlfriend Amy made it into a meme.
Can you even? 
SO FANCY.

(seven)
And.
I think Michigan is going to beat Penn State.
There. I said it.
I am very excited for the game.
I'm going to try not to drink Budlight though because I have a healthy living goal I want to make by Monday (which isn't looking very likely on this Friday).
HOWEVER.
If it is a close game at half time, I might have to have me one or two.

That is all.

The reading doesn't have to stop here, head on over to http://thisaintthelyceum.org/ to read more quick takes!

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter Julia is just too cute! Both your girls have smiles that light up the room. Congratulations on your travel plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia is such a sweetheart! Though all your kids are pretty adorable :) Thank you for linking to that article! Wow, that is so good. Especially in my first year of marriage (and still a little, though not as much) I would deal with that anxiety of "What if my husband dies while he goes away on this trip? Or on his way to work?" etc. and I would get all sad because I cannot imagine life without him. What's helped me to not go through this as much or as often is remembering how epic Heaven is (JPII talks about it in his TOB audiences), and also remembering that I need to live in the present moment and not in the "what ifs." If my husband happened to die and leave me a widow, I just have to trust that if and when that happens, God will take care of it, and I don't need to fuss and try to figure out an emergency plan right now.

    ReplyDelete