LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Friday, October 6, 2017

7 Quick Takes and a BONUS ONE!


I'm linking up with Kelly at This Ain't The Lyceum   to give you this week's quick takes.  Are you ready?
You ready? Here we go... (the 'here we go' said in the voice of slick rick)

(one)
PSA
Do not post controversial stuff on SOCIAL media if you are not prepared to maturely handle opposing views.
It's called SOCIAL media.
Er'time you people write, 'I don't want to hear your views on it'
I judge.
I did it once too, but then I deleted the post.
Because I realized if I didn't want to hear opposing views, I shouldn't be posting something I take so personally on the internets.
Get it together people.
That is all.

(two)
You know how you get those moments, when you can't believe the life you are living is the life you get to lead?  In the best possible way?
Last Saturday I looked out the window and saw this...
It was one of those moments.
And tears stung my eyes.
My window might need to be clean (does need to be clean).
But looking at the window at my big boys is amazing.

(three)
speaking of..
I now feel comfortable letting my two big boys cross the street to go to the park, if I am sitting on the front porch. 
Er'body is growing up in this house.
We tried this summer to let all three boys go to the park across the street.
But our van was partially blocking my view.
And the littlest boy tried to cross the street to come home without his brothers before I noticed.
A car almost hit him.
Then slowed down and the man in the car said, "Do you know who's kids these are?"
And I got REAL sassy and said, "They are MINE and I am SITTING RIGHT HERE LOOKING AT THEM"
(because I didn't know John Paul was in the middle of the street due to my obstructive view)
The man in the car rolled his eyes and drove off. And then out popped John Paul.
WHAT!?!?!?!
It was not a good moment in parenting.

BUT, alas, John Paul wasn't home, so I let the big two go by themselves, because they know not to run into the street.

(four)
It's freaking me out..knowing that JuJu might be our last baby.
She sleeps through the night (I KNOW!), so we are thinking it might be time to switch her into Malia's room. 
But then she wouldn't be in ours.
And we might not have a baby in our room ever again?
And that's just too much right now.
So she will stay with us.

(five)
Sometimes I take the kids shopping
All of them.
And I am impressed with myself... so I take a picture.


(six)
Dude.  When John Paul isn't stepping on his baby sister's stomach, or smooching her head, or making her cry...
He's an AWESOME brother.


(seven)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
It's the Michigan/Michigan State Game tomorrow.
Have I told you guys how much I love college football?
Because it is SO much.
And I really want to watch the game and drink some bud lights.
But I ate 20 animal crackers, 3 cookies, and 2 marshmallows yesterday...
So that might have to count as my cheat day.
Water and Football it is!
(unless I change my mind)

BONUS QUICK TAKE
My husband, Aaron sometimes makes the eggs in the morning instead of me...
They are scrambled.
And they are not good.
Don't tell him, but he makes REALLY bad scrambled eggs.
There is a science to this sh@#  and he just simply is not successful.
DUDE.
You guys.
He scrambles them IN THE PAN.
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....


The reading doesn't have to stop here, head on over to http://thisaintthelyceum.org/ to read more quick takes!

1 comment: