LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Friday, October 3, 2014

7 Quick Takes- Jesus Jivin my way to heaven







It's official. I don't care if you believe me, I am way more of an introvert than I am an extrovert.  I officially recharge by silence and alone time.  Which is complex, when you have three children/a husband/and a 'part time job' (that is becoming more full time) that includes speaking to large groups of teenagers.  The good news is, I have named it...now on to figuring out how to find a way to recharge...with all of those elements.





For awhile now, some people have been requesting video of our ministry. It makes sense, but for whatever reason, we always ran into extreme technical difficulties.  This year, we have decided to rise above those difficulties and get fancy.  So, for your enjoyment, I am including the 'Jesus Jive' in these quick takes.  Feel free to bring it to your family and friends.  It offers hours of energetic fun.






Our children were up very early this morning.  5:15 am.  That is very early.  I am blessed to have a husband who takes care of them when they get up that early.  BUT, prior to 5:15 am, they pretty much slept all night.  With three toddlers, it is very normal for me to get up every hour/ever other hour for something...a blanket here, a paci there, etc...It was SO NICE to sleep 6 STRAIGHT HOURS last night. I can't remember the last time that happened.





CUTE story alert.  So, like I said, the little dudes like to get up throughout the night with random requests. On Monday night, at around 2:30 am, lil' A started calling my name.  I started hollering back, 'What do you want?"  With his little voice, he finally said, "Can you just come here mommy?"  Of course, I joyfully jumped out of bed to meet his request (or not, I'll leave that up to you to decide, but there MAY have been a swear word or two)...I walked in his room and said, "What do you need Aaron?".  Guess what he said?  GUESS?!?!?!
"Would you snuggle me for a minute Mommy?"
BE STILL MY FREAKING HEART.  Heck yes.
Here's the thing, ANYTIME my kids wanna snuggle is a good time in my book,  So, snuggle we did.






I drink two cups of coffee every morning.  Lil' A is now trained to say, "Are you a nice mom yet mommy?" He knows that doesn't happen till after my first cup.  Parenting FTW.






My FB homie was all like, "paid off my car 3 years early, thanks Mary Wilkerson for introducing me to Dave Ramesy!"  Paraphrasing of course.  But, it was a nice reminder of how empowering the 'Financial Peace' program is, and what changes it made in our lives and continues to make in the lives of others.  If you feel yourself drowning in bills and debt, you should really check it out.  It's funny, because the part of my life when I woke up sick to my stomach most days, because I was carrying around 80k of debt, seems like so long ago.  It takes such hard work and discipline, but it is totally worth it.






How 'bout them Tigers?!?!?
I want to tell you a true story. "How 'bout them Tigers" was gonna be my 7th take no matter what.  To celebrate those of you who celebrate them and are excited they are in the running for the World Series.  But then I was like, I suppose I should check the score of the game yesterday- just so I am informed.  AND...it appears we lost, 12 runs to 3.  That's not good news. Not good news at all.  Tiger fans, what happened?!?!?!?!?



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. That coffee comment is so funny! I want to watch that video as soon as I get home! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COMMENT #4---THE MOST PRECIOUS MOMENT.

    ReplyDelete