LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Friday, March 24, 2017

7QT state of affairs

I'm linking up with Kelly at This Ain't The Lyceum   to give you this week's quick takes.  Are you ready?
I realized we have exactly seven members of our family, and there are Seven Quick Takes, and so, I will update you on each member of our family :)

(one)
The baby.
The baby is doing great.  She is big (shocking?!?! Not at all) and is staying active by beating the crud out of my insides with her huge limbs.  You know it's interesting when the ultrasound tech is like, 'whoa, that is one big femur'.  The last week has been much better in terms of being sick.  We are excited for her July arrival, and her siblings are already completely obsessed with her.

(two)
\
Malia Paul
She continues to rule the household.  She is saying more words, LOVES to dance (like, loves) and is our own little d-d-d-diva.  I've posted about this on facebook, but we've started washing her hair with just conditioner (WHO KNEW!?!?!).  It brings out the curls which is so adorable.

(three)
John Paul Francis.
Oh my gosh. He is a three year old. I never used to understand when people complained about their three year olds...
Now I do.
I have to be VERY careful with this one.  Because we tend to lump the oldest three together, it's VERY easy to discipline John Paul too hard because he isn't acting like the older two.  But, he's not the same age as his big brothers.  
His life is pretty much one revolving correction.  I think of my friend Mary's blog a lot with him (if you haven't read it, and you have a 2-5 year old, you're gonna wanna)... 
Lest you think he's all work, he's also so sweet. 
Er'time he gets in trouble he now says, "I'm so totally sorry mommy".  The 'so totally' reminds me of Zoolander, and melts my heart.

(four)
Joseph Michael.
Oh my Joey.  He gets sweeter by the minute.  For real, he does.
He has completely turned his behavior around at school.  He is our quietest kid, and by far our most sensitive.  His snuggles are still the very very best.
He LOVES to say his prayers and tell me stories about Jesus.
Joey is probably most excited about the baby. He knows she will be born right after his birthday, and is beyond excited about that.

(five)
Aaron Christopher II
"It goes by so fast"
Yup. We are definitely at the age where I've decided he can just stop growing up. I think from this point on, it's going to be the daily, painful reminder that it all flies by so much faster than we want it to.
Yesterday, the boys all went outside to play. The youngest two got cold and came inside.  Aaron stayed outside for 1/2 hour longer.  It's VERY unusual in my family to have kids play by themselves (how cool is that?), but he was just playing by himself.  I watched him out the window and couldn't believe how big he'd gotten.  He was doing lots of little boy stuff, kicking the soccer ball, shooting some baskets, playing with is cars... mundane things that absolutely took my breath away.
He saw me staring at one point, turned around and tried to show off for me.  Then he blew me a kiss.
Make the growing up stop.

(six)
Aaron Christopher I
my boo.
Aaron switched jobs, he was courted by another company and it was an offer we couldn't refuse.  He continues to work incredibly hard for our family, whilst being an awesome-ish husband and father :)
Yesterday, he came home from work and I was exhausted.  He told me to rest, he would take the kids out of the house for an hour or two.  I'm lucky to be married to a guy like him.
We are still in a standstill about our spring vacation.  He wants to go to Grand Rapids, I want to go to Disney. We will go somewhere in April, I think he's gonna win. I am bummed.

(seven)
me.
Life is good.
This month proved to be a bit more than I should have put on my plate in terms of ministry, but it's been such good ministry, that I can't say I regret it.  
Pregnancy is going well.  I look like I could deliver next week, and I have 3.5 months to go, so that's interesting.
I get tired a lot and out of breath more.  I lose my patience with the kids too often, but am trying to reign it in vs. giving into the temper.
I really want to travel the world.  Or at the very least go somewhere besides Grand Rapids... le sigh... one day soon.
I've got a great husband and five wonderful children.
Life is good.



The reading doesn't have to stop here, head on over to http://thisaintthelyceum.org/ to read more quick takes!

1 comment:

  1. Your family is just so stinkin' adorable, and I love these updates! Super exciting that your husband got a new job!
    I want to travel, too! My husband isn't big into travelling, though. And since we're saving up for our first home (house-hunting has begun! It's super exciting/slightly nerve wracking), we don't do trips often. But someday, I want to travel more. I remind myself of all the elderly people I know who travel loads, and that maybe when our kid (and any kids we have in the future) are older, we'll have the time and money to travel more. Where's a big dream location that you want to get to someday? For me, the two locations that top my list are Japan and the Holy Land. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete