LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My husband is at the lions game tonight...

... So all is quiet in the Wilkerson house. Though I loathe typing on the iPad, I am feeling a bit in a reflective mood.  So, I thought I would write it down.

Today was a stay at home mom day. It was a good day. It's 9:25 pm and the boys are bathed and both sleeping. My house is clean, things are put away, and I am sitting on the couch drinking a glass of skinny girl peach something and I am totally in love with my life. There are even warm cookies on the table for when big Aaron gets home (don't get excited, they are from a package). Today, my friends, was a good day.

And today I am more than overwhelmed with the life I have been blessed with.

I am in awe of my 16 month old that is FINALLY saying words. Do you know he sleeps likes big boy? On a pillow in his crib. He is a side sleeper. When I peek in at him, I am constantly amazed at how fast he is growing. He is funny as all heck, like, for real. When he knows he is making me laugh, he keeps doing whatever he is doing and looking at me for approval. He is an entertainer and right now, for this moment in time, I'm his favorite. I thought that the other day at mass, he left with big a for a minute...when he came back, he ran at me with the biggest grin and I thought, "I'm totally his favorite". I spent years being the favorite aunt (at least in my mind) but now, when I hold my son...for this hot second, I know I'm his favorite, it's beautiful,

I am shocked by my capacity to love Joey. Do you know he is smiling now?  He has the funniest facial expressions. He only cries when he is hungry or needs something, he is such a good baby. I am so sure that he is a wise soul. I decided he loves to snuggle on me. He still balls up and tucks his chin in his chest when he sleeps.  His days of sleeping in the bassinet next to me are numbered, I have to remember to cherish them. I love that his eyes are starting to focus on me and that they follow me. I love that the sound of my voice can bring out a grin. Oh, I love how he is tough...his brother loves him so much, though his snuggles sometimes hurt I am sure, joey doesn't really cry. It's really beautiful. I cannot believe I have been blessed with two boys, it still doesn't seem real, I am a mother of two sons.

I am proud of who my husband and I are becoming. This week he has been really busy, we haven't had a lot of time together, and guess what? Do you know I still miss him if he is not by my side? He drives me crazy but I can tell we are getting better at marriage,even when It's hard. We are finally making sure prayer happens every night. When I am stubborn, he pushes through my walls. When I complain, he makes a sincere effort to meet the needs of our family.

Oh.no! Now I'm crying...want to know why? Because my sons love him, they love him so much. Little Aaron runs to him after work. He watches him leave for work n the morning. He never leaves the door Until the car is out of sight. There is probably nothing neater than seeing a son's love for his daddy. It takes my breath away, it makes me cry.

I'm coming out of the newborn fog (dang, that's a tough couple o months huh?) and at least tonight, I am so in love with my life. I am so amazed at who God has been to me and what He has done in my life in such a short amount of time.  Tonight, my friends, my cup runneths over. There are so many more reasons, but I hate typing on the iPad...so maybe I will just sit in silent wonder of what is my reality with a grateful spirit and a conviction...
...to be thankful
...to be humble
...to be present
...to be faithful
...to be worthy of the call I have received

2 comments:

  1. What a great testimony to your marriage. Also, newborn fog? Yup. That about sums it up. I don't remember a thing about it, but apparently we made it through...to toddler-dom!

    ReplyDelete