LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Friday, June 21, 2013

7 Quick Takes

So, my children like to live on my nerves when they are hanging out inside me.  With Aaron and Joseph around 7.5 months it would start to get pretty bad.  At one point when I was pregnant with Joey, I remember literally having to crawl into Aaron’s room and I couldn't lift him out of his crib.  It was bad.  However, it was nowhere near what I experienced on Wednesday. I woke up with the kind of pain that is difficult to explain. If I was not moving, it was absolutely fine.  The minute I moved it was a blinding pain, the type that has you screaming out loud. I lay in bed the entire day long.  And I learned three important lessons.  1)  My parents rock (they got a call at 7:00 am to take the boys, I do NOT know what I would have done without them).  2)  My husband, though lacking in empathy, gets things done like a superstar (he had to take the boys to the opposite side of town, wait on me hand and foot, etc… 3) Thanks to my friend Mary, who blogs at Better Than Eden, I learned that increased back pain is sometimes normal when you have babies close together.  I have a physical therapy appointment in July, in the meantime, here’s hoping I don’t have an episode like that again.
WARNING- YOU MAY DISAGREE
I don’t think Paula Deen is even kind of racist.  When asked on the stand if she has ever said the N-Word she answered, ‘yes, of course’. To be honest, I think a lot of people on stand would have to say the same thing, myself included.  Any one of us who sang along with most rap music would have to admit we've said the n-word.  And it sucks and it is wrong, but I really dig that she told the truth and spoke candidly.  I find speaking truth and speaking candidly is a good thing. And, I hate the word.   
My husband said the funniest thing this week on the facebook. Ready?  He said, “I would still have her over my house to make me some food. However, I might secretly whisper, "who's the slave now?" #realtalk”." I mean, how freaking funny is that?!?!?!
I LOVE looking at pictures on facebook!  So much!  But my favorite types of pictures to look at are honeymoon pictures, wedding pictures and pictures of new homes.  I’m like the best facebook stalker in the world.  For realz yo!
WARNING- PRESIDENT HATERS WILL MOST LIKELY DISAGREE
Er’body gonna be all upset, but I actually don’t think what the president said about the Irish situation was that big of a deal.  AND, I definitely don’t think he meant there should be no Catholic education.  And I definitely don’t think he was sending a warning to the US Bishops.  Sure, it might have been a dumb thing to say, but I got the intent of what he was getting at.  I know a lot of you will disagree with me, but I think the uproar is a bit misplaced.  Like, I think there are enough reasons to question this man, (including the fact that he is threatening to veto a bill that says babies who can feel pain shouldn't be killed in the womb…how sick is that?) without making huge deals out of non-deals.  
I just took a noodle out of my Joey’s hair and put it back in his mouth. SCORE!
First week as a SAHM had its ups and downs.  For shizzle my nizzle.  But, lemme just say, yesterday I hit it out of the ball park!  I am kind of excited about this new lifestyle

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I could agree more about Paula Deen and the President! Gross over reaction on both! I am sorry about your back! I have suffered back pain before. Love my chiropracter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh, I don't doubt for a second that he would love to see an end to private education. But I do think that quote wasn't necessarily referring to that. His speechwriters (who are brilliant, I think) should've known that it was a silly thing to include given his reputation with the Church, though. Which makes me wonder whether it WAS intentional...

    I really hope you're feeling better soon! I'm praying that I can get this diastasis recti under control if we are to get pregnant again!! Make Aaron take you to a pool to go swimming...it will feel great.

    ReplyDelete