LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Boy...

...who cried wolf....

My husband thinks he is a comedian.  Most nights I fall asleep before him because I get tired around 9:00 pm (pregnancy and an 11 month old will do that to you). He always 'puts me to bed' (which consists of him rubbing my back and us listening to at least 2 Dave Ramsey Podcasts before I fall asleep- om lowercase g we are such nerds).  Anyway, we are both pretty big sports fans.  I like the drama of the game and he likes skill.

So last night was the NCAA Basketball Championship.  Because we love our Kentucky family members, we wanted UK to win.  When Aaron finally came to bed around 11:45 pm, I stirred myself awake and asked him who won.  He went on to tell me the story of how the score was 68-67 and that Kentucky lost with a last minute 'hail mary' throw from center court. He said Kentucky was crushed, and my heart broke for my poor brother-in-law who is a HUGE fan.  I kept saying I can't believe they lost as I drifted back to sleep.

When I woke up at around 5:30 I was unable to sleep, so, naturally, I checked Facebook.  Lots of my 'friends' posts were about KY winning.  So ladies and gentlemen, the boy who cried wolf struck again.  He made up the entire story about Kentucky losing.

The sad thing?  This isn't the first time he has done it.  Superbowl, Sunday night football, etc...it is becoming a habit for him to make up stories for entertainment when he comes to bed.  And the sadder thing...I keep falling for it :)

There is your Tuesday evening smile!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment