LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Grown Up...

...Revelations

Those of you that have lived on your own/been married/or had children for a long time have probably already discovered this life lesson I am about to speak of.  It is miraculous that it has taken me two years to articulate it, but this morning, everything clicked together.

I was putting the top tray of lil' Aaron's high chair back on and noticed a green bean had been stuck to the bottom tray. I thought to myself, 'someone else will get it' and proceeded to start to put back on the top tray and I stopped midway through.  The reason?  Om lowercase g, I am now that someone!!!!!!!!!!

Being one of six kids, we kind of learned our way to get around chores.  Use the last piece of toilet paper? NBD, someone else will refresh it.  Drink all but the last sip of milk? NBD, someone else will go out and buy it.  Start laundry, but forget to switch it to the dryer?  NBD, mom would probably do it next time she was in the basement.

But, ladies and gentlemen, this morning, it finally hit me.  I could put the top tray on and continue about my day.  But there is a 99.9% chance that if I do that, the same green bean is going to be there when I get home from work at 9:30 pm and I will be cleaning it up anyway.  I am now the wife that 'gross' chores fall upon and the mom that will be perpetually cleaning up after her kids.  There is no one else to 'do it'.  The buck stops here!  HA!  And I guess I wouldn't want it any other way.  WAIT!  That is lie. I would, indeed, like it some other way, but I shall accept that this is my role, and my role is fantastic....so not having 'someone else to take care of it' will be accepted with grace.

And, my friends, I guess that's what they call....Growing up!!!!

1 comment: