LET LOVE BE SINCERE

LET LOVE BE SINCERE

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Talk to Me Tuesday- In which I ask for help

This is a little bit of a different Talk to Me Tuesday.  Because this week, I am asking for your help.  I am under no false impression that I am the most popular blogger out there J  I really don’t have a desire to be.  But I know there are about 300-400 of you who read my blog on the regular, and I am asking, most sincerely, for your help.

There is a couple I am very close with.  As I tell their story, some of you will realize you know them too.  They have asked I write this without using their names, so if you leave a comment, I ask you to leave out their names as well.

This couple is a good couple.  Two people who strive to be the best versions of themselves. They are a couple who love each other and seek to spread that love to others.  They are a faithful couple.

They have been married for 10 years and in that 10 years have had to walk the very difficult road, a road some of you know so intimately…the road of infertility.  They have seen the doctors, taken the tests and the shots.  They have struggled with the limits of fertility ethics and trusted in God’s plan, as laid out through the Church.  They have never been told they cannot conceive, just that they have enough hurtles to make it very, VERY difficult.  They have had two babies.  One they lost very early on, the second, they buried last year.  

This couple has two saints in heaven.

And, now, after ten years, they are ready to walk the road that has brought so many people joy.  They are ready to not only be parents to their two saints in heaven, but to be parents to the child/children God has chosen for them here.  

They are ready to adopt.

I know there are lots of ways to make that happen.  I know the couple will be pursuing all those avenues (agencies, etc…).  However, I know sometimes, little miracles happen. I know sometimes, someone knows someone, who knows someone, who is looking for a good, maybe even specifically Catholic, home for their child to be raised and loved by two parents who will have the child as their own.

What I am asking is for you to share this story.  Help me use the awesome influence of what the Church calls a ‘digital continent’. I know some of you know people who work for Crisis Pregnancy Centers, for Dioceses, some of you know people who work for different Catholic Charitable organizations, some of you are priests, or know priests who could help. 

This couple desires to be parents, they are meant to be parents.  Would you consider keeping them in mind and mentioning them to others (or sharing this blog)?  Would you consider helping them find the child who is meant to be theirs?


Thanks you for your help on this Talk to Me Tuesday!

10 comments:

  1. Definitely praying for them both!!! Thanks for sharing with us...I'm racking my brain to find peeps to share it with:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely keep this in mind and spread the word! God bless them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see what God has planned..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, you continue to inspire me by your love for Him and for others. I will add this to my book of intercessions which I bring to mass (almost) every day. What a blessing you are! Happy Advent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Buckley, Mary Buckley (now Wilkerson, Wilkerson)

    ReplyDelete